Tuesday, August 5, 2014

More work done

Well despite my best efforts to mess things up, the axles are on the trailer. I seriously need to get new bolts though for some of the springs. Little did I know that most of the existing bolts had this issue with a score down the threading.  This means that while I have them on, the one axle has not been tightened at all.

Then there is the issue of the grinding off of the bad mounts. I managed to get it done, and the one axle mounted quite well. The other is just the slightest bit off, so when I put it on the spring the u bolt would not fit. I will need to take a hammer to it when I pull the springs off, in order to percussion fit the whole thing together.

Framing wise, I fixed my issue I made from miss cutting my centre section when putting it together. Rather then having my beams run the length of the trailer,  I cut them by accident to run width wise, meaning my plywood seams did not have any support. I wound up pulling off the plywood and slipping some blocking in between,  giving the plywood that much needed help.

The other bit of work that was preformed was some of the framing around my wheel wells. That was a last minute thing before I left for home, but it looks like it ought to work. I shall need to get a roll of fiberglass or metal in order to protect the word from spray since I do not have fenders any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment